About Us

Seed and Plant Certification Act of 1959
The Idaho Legislature, at its 35th Session, enacted Senate Bill No. 107, the "Seed and Plant Certification Act of 1959". This Act designated the Regents of the University of Idaho, through the College of Agriculture of the University of Idaho, as the seed certifying agency for the State. This Act further gives the Regents of the University of Idaho the authority to designate an agent to administer and conduct the certification program.

The Regents of the University of Idaho on April 27, 1959, appointed the Idaho Crop Improvement Association, Inc., as its duly authorized agent to administer and conduct seed certification in Idaho as provided by the Seed and Plant Certification Act of 1959.

The Early Roots
The Idaho Crop Improvement Association, Inc. was organized in 1940 by the certified seed growers of the State. The body was incorporated April 17, 1941. The Idaho Seed Potato Growers Association voted to join the Idaho Crop Improvement Association, Inc. in 1942.

Meeting the Standard
The Association is governed by a board of eight directors. Seven directors are elected by the membership and represent the various districts of the State. The eighth director is a member of the Plant Science Department as designated by the Dean of the College of Agriculture of the University of Idaho.

Certification regulations for Idaho meet at least the minimum standards of the Association of Official Seed Certifying Agencies (AOSCA). Crops approved for certification in Idaho for which rules are not in effect may be certified under the latest minimum standards as published by AOSCA. Fees for such certification shall be the most applicable fees in effect.

Standards  |  Forms  |  Reports  |  Conditioners  |  About Us  |  Home
Copyright 2006 Idaho Crop Improvement Association, Inc.